New Academy Buildings
- Sunnyside Spencer Academy - are moving into their brand new school building - January 2017.
- Glenbrook Primary School – have moved into their brand new school building – Summer 2016.
- World Class Schools (December 2016) – George Spencer Academy are delighted to have achieved the World Class Schools Quality Mark 2016.
- George Spencer Academy (November 2016) - 'Outstanding Support of the Retained Duty System - Employers' Award, Notts Fire & Rescue. Headteachers, teachers, LA representatives and private sector organisations.
- Wyndham Primary Academy - who were the regional winners of the 'Grow you own potatoes' award!
- Wyndham Primary Academy - who have achieved the 'Investors in Pupils' Award in Summer 2016.
- Glenbrook Primary School and Wyndham Primary Academy - who both have achieved the Silver Award for the Science Quality Mark Summer 2016.
- Sunnyside Spencer Academy - who achieved Silver status for the Schools Games Mark in Summer 2016.
- Fairfield Primary Academy - for sustaining their 'Good' Ofsted outcome in July 2016!
- Gold Science Mark (June 2016) - George Spencer Academy secured the new quality standard designed to recognise and celebrate excellent practice in secondary science departments across the UK. Portland Spencer Academy achieved Silver for the Science Mark in the autumn of 2015.
- IVET Values-based Education Quality Mark (May 2016) - Chewynd Primary Academy achieved this quality mark demonstrating their commitment to a values-based education delivered through their Starfish Values.
- Exceptional Attainment (March 2016) – George Spencer Academy was awarded an Educational Outcome Award for 2015 for being in the top 20% of non-selective schools nationally for attainment in the 2015 end of key stage 4 examinations. This was based on our students' best 8 average point scores at key stage 4.
- Congratulations to Chris Haggett who came 5th in the recent Waltz Dance Champions at Blackpool! (November 2016.)
- Congratulations to the Catering Team at Inkersall Primary School who were shortlisted to reach the final 3 in the DfE's Primary School Awards 2016.
- Emma Marshall at Long Field Academy who has successfully completed the SENCO Award.
- Aimee Allen, Dan Copeman, Debbie Botting, Gemma Whiley, Kelly Gallimore and Paula Chattin all have achieved Specialist Leader of Education (SLE) status during 2015-2016.
- Dame Susan Jowett was Runner Up in The First Women Award in the category of Public Sector – June 2016
- Amanda Marville at Wyndham Primary Academy was shortlisted as a finalist in the National Pearsons Award for Best Teaching Assistant – June 2016.
- Mr Randall and Miss Bailey, both teaching staff at George Spencer Academy are part of the GB teams for Field Hockey and Aussie Football, participating in World Cups for their sport.
- Susan Jowett becomes a Dame in the New Year's Honours List, January 2016
Children and Young People
Well done to the pupils of Sunnyside Spencer Academy who took centre stage at Coventy City Council when they're ECadets presented their E-Safety workshop to range of LA Officers, Headteachers and other Senior Leaders from across the region.
We are also very proud of the number of our pupils who have achieved the highest levels and are representing their country in a range of sports including: table tennis, BMX, swimming, athletics to name a few.
Challenge Partners - Area of Excellence Confirmed in 2016-2017
- Portland Spencer Academy – Assessment: Systems & Procedures
- Sunnyside Spencer Academy - Pupil Leadership
Challenge Partners - Area of Excellence Confirmed in 2015-2016
- Chetwynd Primary Academy – Rainbow Grammar and Maths mastery
- Fairfield Primary Academy – ICT as a Learning Tool
- George Spencer Academy – ICT and Computing
- Wyndham Primary Academy – Speaking and Listening and Maths Mastery
Congratulations to the Catering Team at Inkersall Primary School who were shortlisted to reach the final 3 in the DfE's Primary School Awards 2016.
Emma Marshall at Long Field Academy who has successfully completed the SENCO Award