- To improve the life chances of children and young people by raising aspiration and fulfilling potential, challenging and supporting all the schools within the Trust on their journey to and beyond outstanding.
- To achieve this by developing world-class system leaders.
Trust Values & Principles
- Schools collaborating "In partnership for excellence" with The Spencer Academies Trust
- A personalised, differentiated approach to conversion and school improvement
- Traditional values: mutual respect, integrity, honesty and openness
- High expectations across all areas
- Positive, optimistic, 'can do', 'have a go' learn from mistakes – creating sense of achievement and success
- Hard-edged focus on results and the development of the whole child
- Best start for students; no excuses: everyone can achieve
- "Leaders from partner schools who met with the lead inspector spoke of the critical support they had received in improving their schools. This has included targeted support for a school that had been subject to special measures, and helping another school to move, in a relatively short space of time, from requiring improvement to outstanding. One headteacher stated, ‘We feel we are at the centre of excellence here,’ while another wrote of the Principal’s ‘compassionate desire to improve the quality of education for pupils in Nottinghamshire and the surrounding area."
- Deirdre Duignan, Lead Inspector - Her Majesty's Inspector (George Spencer Academy Ofsted, May 2015)
Our goals reflect our Aims, Values & Principles:
1. Our academies to achieve excellent examination outcomes for all their learners
2. All academies currently enrolled within SAT prior to be capable of good or outstanding judgements from OFSTED when next inspected from 2016 onwards.
3. Our academies to enjoy a significant upward admissions trend and to be financially sustainable.
4. The academies to be working closely together within SAT, creating a sustainable model of high quality education for the students who attend them. This will be as a result of a relentless focus on student outcomes and outstanding leadership; but also through the sharing ideas that work, adoption of appropriate common policy and practice, and utilising teachers, leaders and support staff for the benefit of all academies.
5. Our Trust and Teaching School Alliance Continuous Professional Development Programmes to be producing high quality committed professionals and future leaders for SAT academies and Alliance Schools.
6. All academies within SAT to developing their own discreet identities and unique characteristics and ethos within their respective communities, but never forgetting that the outcomes of every child in the Trust are a joint responsibility.
7. SAT to enrich the experience of its students and communities; raise their aspirations and challenge discrimination and prejudice in all its forms.